Monday, January 9, 2012

Thrift Find: Old-School Harry Potter

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Mug: Family Thrift ($0.40)
I had little luck at the thrifts this past Saturday. I planned to just hit up Goodwill Outlet and go home, but after coming up empty-handed I decided to go to a couple more stores. In what may be a personal thrifting record, I only spent forty cents all day.

Luckily, it was money well spent, because I really love this Harry Potter-bedecked find! From the year 2000, this mug is practically vintage! Or at least from back before the movies, which seems like a lifetime ago to someone who graduated middle school that year.

I can't wait to enjoy my nighttime tea in this neat mug! Although I'd prefer butterbeer.

Always,
Amanda

PS: Who wants to take me to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando? 'Cause I really want to go!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Amanda,
    Our youngest daughter Destiny loves Harry Potter, she has read all of the books. We are planning a trip to the “Wizarding World of Harry Potter” in Orlando within the next couple of months. Love your new mug, oh yes perfect for ButterBeer.
    Smiles, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Paula! You guys will have so much fun!! I've heard it's great, and I'm a pretty big HP fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it! the colours on it look lovely... i would probably use it as a pen holder on my desk so that i could look at it as much as possible. love me some harry!

    chrissy
    http://mydearwatsonblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete