Thursday, January 19, 2012

Retail/Thrifted: Archipelago Candle

Archipelago Candle: Family Thrift
Today, I'm starting a new feature inspired by the fact that I've thrifted so many nice things lately for way less than retail. Even when I don't know the brand, I can generally tell when something is well made and well worth the thrift price. :)

This Bergamot Tobacco scented candle is housed in weighty glass with fancy, understated decoration. I love the smell, (although I very much dislike tobacco smoke in real life) and I'm always on the lookout for a nice, unused candle.

Retail Price: $32.95 on Amazon

Thrifted Price: $1.00 at Family Thrift

Amount Saved: $31.95!

Pretty good, I'd say, for the price of a dollar store candle!

Always,
Amanda

4 comments:

  1. Great find. I love getting bargains like that, especially when you would never pay the original price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, Em! I'd never pay over thirty bucks for a candle, but it is so nice to be able to thrift one for a buck! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm totally going to love this feature! :) I stopped buying candles a year ago, when I found that I could find new or barely used ones in smells to my liking at G.O!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally with you on that! I pretty much only get candles at the thrift store now, too :)

      Delete