Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thrifted, Gifted: PBR

PBR Hat, Goodwill Outlet ($0.50)
The hubby and I have a fond memory involving Pabst Blue Ribbon. Quite odd, but let me explain! While on our honeymoon in Tybee Island, Georgia, we ate dinner at a cute pizza place on the beach. The hubby wanted a beer with his pizza, but they didn't have any on tap since it was the off-season. "But," said the owner, "We have some cans of PBR if you want one for free!"

The hubby happily accepted the free beer (which he said was 'like the best beer...of the 1800s!'), and I took a cute photo of him with it. Whenever we see PBR, we both smile and think back to our lovely, laid-back honeymoon, although the hubby won't drink Pabst Blue Ribbon again! (And neither will I, although I don't like any alcohol. :))

Anyway...all this to explain why, when I saw this hat at Goodwill Outlet this past weekend, I had to get it for the hubby. When I gave it to him, he shook his head and laughed. Just what I was going for. :)

Always,
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Cute story! I wondered what it could be when I saw your post title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Lol, yeah, waxing poetic about a cheap beer...good times :)

    ReplyDelete