Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Thrift Finds: Super-Secret Records

Records: Good Samaritan (2 for $1)
I had the most bizarre interaction with a DJ at Good Samaritan this past Saturday. (That's a sentence I never thought I'd type!)

As I was in the checkout line with these records, a gentleman with eyeglasses all eschew taps me on the shoulder. He asks me how I found the 'good records' before he did, and if I was going to sell them.

I told him they were a present and turned around to pay for them, but he wasn't finished with the conversation. Mr. DJ had to let me know that this was the 'super-secret DJ source for records' and had been for twelve years.

The whole thing was too bizarre! And the funny thing is, Good Samaritan is far from the best source of good old records for cheap in Richmond. If you're reading this, Mr. DJ, try Goodwill Outlet!

Always,
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Too funny with your hipster DJ interaction! I don't know why people are so secretive about the places they thrift. I think that's just them being selfish! Give other people a chance, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such good insider information to have!! :) I have the strangest conversations at thrift stores. ;)

    ReplyDelete