Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Retail/Thrifted: A Vintage Golden Jewelry Box!

Vintage Gnco Japan Jewelry/Music Box: Good Samaritan ($1.25)

On this special edition of Retail/Thrifted, we've got this pretty vintage jewelry box. :)  Why is it so special? One: it was a great find for an awesome price. Two: It is just like one I inherited from my great grandma!

This one is in a little better shape, since over the years that I've had my inherited one, the paint dulled and the legs fell off. (I was just a kid when I got it, and oh how I loved that jewelry box!) Now I have two special boxes, each with their own histories. :)

Retail:  $34 on ebay

Thrifted: $1.25 at Good Samaritan

Amount Saved: $32.75!!! (but really, this musical jewelry box is priceless!)

Always,
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. That's so neat that you found a jewelry box just like your great grandma's! What are the chances? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. security guard in cambodia

    ReplyDelete