Monday, June 20, 2011

Thrift Find: Vintage Flower Power

Vintage Flower Purse, Good Samaritan ($3)
I love the groovy, flower-girl feel of this vintage 60s bag! I can imagine my mom as a girl seeing this and thinking it was awesome. Even though she was a bit of a tomboy as a kid (same as me!), I think a bag like this would have been a prize possession, along with her Velvet doll.

There's something about a vinyl bag with a huge flower on it that makes me smile ear-to-ear. :) And don't we all need a bit of that on a Monday morning?

Always,
Amanda

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful bag and the flowers is on that is looking splendid. Simple and sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Amanda,
    I love your new groovy bag. You are not going to believe this but back in the day I had a jacket that matched that bag. It was completely made of vinyl with a satin lining and tailored like a suit jacket with that flower on it. I looked so COOL it that jacket; the coolest kid on the block.
    Smiles, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty flower bag...great job on that. I'm always looking for new ideas on flowers...thanks for the peak at yours.

    ReplyDelete