Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Thrifted DIY: Glitter Bomb Shoes


This past weekend, I started brainstorming ideas for my thrifted Mod Podge and chunky gold glitter. The first thing I thought of was one of my favorite DIY blogs Stars for Streetlights! She was on a glitter kick a while back, and I knew I could use her tips to glitterfy some wingtips. :)

For this simple DIY, all you need is Mod Podge, chunky glitter, and a paintbrush. (Well, and something to glitterfy!)

1. Fill a throwaway container half-full with the Mod Podge and the rest of the way full with glitter.
2. Mix and paint the mixture where you'd like it. (I would advise doing this outdoors so that your apartment/house isn't filled with glitter and a lingering smell...)
3. Let dry for a couple of hours outside, and repeat process if it isn't glittery enough! 

Before:


After:


While I liked these oxfords before, I love them now! The glitter makes them just special enough to elevate any outfit. :)

Always,
Amanda

1 comment: