Monday, June 4, 2012

Thrifted Vintage: Son of a Son of a Sailor

Vintage Records: Goodwill Outlet ($0.50 each)

While I'm not the biggest Jimmy Buffett fan ever (my cousin Mike is, actually!) I really like these old school records. While there are familiar songs on them, I quite like the unfamiliar ones. :)

When I was in line at Goodwill Outlet, the man in front of me freaked out upon seeing the records I had in my hand. He excitedly told me that Jimmy Buffett hadn't played some of the songs on these records for decades. I feel like those are the ones I like best, that I hadn't heard before. :)

Also, I found a Disney record with songs from some of the popular old movies. It brings me back to my childhood, watching VHS Disney tapes with my little brother.

I'm super glad that my 19-year-old self had the foresight to purchase a record player!

Always,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment