Monday, October 17, 2011

Thrift Finds: Awesome Vintage Books!

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn & The Swiss Family Robinson: Love of Jesus Thrift ($3)
I love, love, love old books! Seriously. My fascination with them began way before I started blogging, and I think I'll always love them. :)

There's just something so special about a book with history. The neat typography, the worn pages, the fancy covers- what's not to love?

Naturally, when they were having a sale on the vintage books at Love of Jesus this past weekend, I had to pick out a couple. Swiss Family Robinson is a great story, but I admit I bought this one mainly for the cover art! A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is a longtime favorite that I picked out so I can read it again. :)

I hope you all have a great Monday! I had such a nice, relaxing weekend that I wish it hadn't ended so soon!

Always,
Amanda

4 comments:

  1. That cover is gorgeous! I have some older books just because of their covers, one day I will read them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of that Brooklyn story must go check it out,

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was able to thrift some fantastic old sherlock holmes chronicles last week and i am in love with the smell... you know, the amazing smell of old books.

    xoxo
    http://tinylittlehappies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Thanks for the comments, everyone! And Nelly- you should! It's a really great book. :)

    ReplyDelete